427 S Boston
Construction Dates Began1927 Finished1928
N 36 09.126
W 95 59.289
The Philtower Building is a landmark of Tulsa, Oklahoma located at 427 S Boston. The Building, which was completed in 1928, is an example of neo-gothic and art deco architecture designed by Edward Buehler Delk and financed by renowned oilman and dedicated philanthropist Waite Phillips (1883 - 1964).
Mid-continent tower on the left
In 1941, Phillips deeded the Building to the Boy Scouts of America, along with most of his Philmont Ranch and Villa Philmonte. The income from the Building would be used to help support Philmont. In 1977, the BSA sold the Building to a group of local investors.
It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1979. Originally built as a high-rise office building, floors 12-20 have recently been converted to loft apartments, making the Philtower Tulsa's first mixed use high-rise. The building has 24 floors and is 323 feet tall.
Text from Wikipedia
People and Places