Farmers and Merchants Union Bank
The Farmers and Merchants Union Bank in Columbus, Wisconsin, also known as Farmers' and Merchants' Union Bank, is the last of eight "jewel box" banks designed by Louis Sullivan, and the next to last of those being constructed.
It was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1976.
It is located at the northwest corner of James Street and Broadway in Columbus.
Women's waiting area, while the Men conducted business
currency issued by this bank in 1862
older movable safe
Other Louis Sullivan "jewel boxes"
Henry Adams Building, Algona, Iowa (1913)
Home Building Association Company, Newark, Ohio (1914)
Merchants' National Bank, Grinnell, Iowa (1914)
National Farmer's Bank, Owatonna, Minnesota (1908)
People's Federal Savings and Loan Association, Sidney, Ohio (1918)
Peoples Savings Bank, Cedar Rapids, Iowa (1912)
Purdue State Bank, West Lafayette, Indiana (1914)
U.S. National Register of Historic
U.S. National Historic Landmark
Farmers and Merchants Union Bank (Columbus, Wisconsin) is located in Wisconsin
Location: 159 W. James St., Columbus, Wisconsin
Coordinates: W43°20′18.7 N 89°0′23.3
Architect: Louis Sullivan
People and Places